The libraries of the Washington Theological Consortium contain over one million volumes in theology and related disciplines. Students and faculty who hold a currently valid ID from a Consortium school are eligible for borrowing privileges at the following libraries during the academic year, and, on a more limited basis, during the summer months.A faculty member or student who wishes to borrow books must first present a Consortium Form (WTC Library Borowing Form) validated for the current semester and signed by the home librarian from the Consortium member school, and a current student ID card from the Consortium member school (that includes or is accompanied by photo ID).
The staffs of the libraries are prepared to assist you, to explain their collections in more detail, and to answer your questions.
- Catholic University of America Libraries Phone: 202-319-5088
- Howard University School of Divinity Library Phone: 202-806-0760
- John Leland Center Library Phone: 703-812-4757 ext. 208
- Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg Library Phone: 717-338-3014
- Pontifical Faculty at the Dominican House Library Phone: 202-495-3824
- Reformed Theological Seminary Library Phone: 703-448-3393
- Virginia Theological Seminary Library Phone: 703-461-1731
- Virginia Union, Samuel D. Proctor Theological Library Phone: 804-257-5821
- Wesley Theological Seminary Library Phone: 202-885-8695
- Al-Alwani Library in Muslim Studies Phone: 571-203-9800
- Woodstock Theological Library (Georgetown) Phone: 202-687-7513
We have a close cooperative relationship with the Library of Congress.