Some Recent Events
Even just before Thanksgiving there are things going on:
1. The InterFaith Conference, our Affiliate Member, had its Annual InterFaith Concert on Tuesday at Washington Hebrew Congregation. It was one of the best ever.
- It had a new more condensed format,
- honored Cardinal McCarrick,
- recognized several of the most important founders and supporters, and
- presented some great religious music.
Simeone Kriesberg, a former Board Chair, received an award at the beginning of the evening from his home Congregation Washington Hebrew for his involvement with IFC and his support of interreligious dialogue.
2. The Librarians Group, a dedicated group of professionals, met Wednesday at WTU. The group has a great deal of sharing and updating. They have begun their five year review of the Borrowing Agreement.
3. I met with Dean Alton Pollard at HUSD yesterday–one of my normal meetings with CEO’s for the good of the Consortium. I must say Dean Pollard is such an energetic and optimistic person that I too was energized. He has a contagious enthusiasm.
4. Ambassador Robert Hennemeyer, former US Ambassador to Gambia and mediator in Balkan Conflicts, has agreed to speak to our Science and Religion Luncheon meeting on Friday, December 4th at WTU . He is the co-author of the book Forgiveness in International Affairs which began as a project at the Woodstock Theological Center at Georgetown, our Associate Member. The book appeared in 2004. He will speak of the book and of his own experience in reconciliation work.
There is a lot more–but four events is enough for now.