The libraries of the Washington Theological Consortium contain over two million volumes and artifacts in theology, religious studies, and related disciplines. Students and faculty members who hold a currently valid ID from a Consortium school are eligible for borrowing privileges at the following libraries during the academic year, and, on a more limited basis, during the summer months. Students and faculty members need to have the WTC Library Borrowing Form signed by their home librarian, plus a valid school ID to present to the other libraries for borrowing privileges to begin.A faculty member or student who wishes to borrow books must first present a WTC Library Borowing Form validated for the current semester and signed by the home librarian from the Consortium member school, and a current faculty or student ID card from the Consortium member school (that includes or is accompanied by photo ID).
The staffs of the libraries are prepared to assist you, to explain their collections in more detail, and to answer your questions. (Some Libraries have restricted visiting or appointments only during the pandemic, so please call ahead for updates.)
- Byzantine Catholic Seminary Library (Pittsburgh) Phone: 412-321-8383
- Catholic University of America Libraries Phone: 202-319-5060
- Howard University School of Divinity Library Phone: 202-806-0760
- John Leland Center Library Phone: 703-812-4757 ext. 208
- Pontifical Faculty at the Dominican House Library Phone: 202-495-3824
- Reformed Theological Seminary Library Phone: 703-448-3393
- United Lutheran Seminary Libraries Gettysburg: 717-338-3014 Philadelphia: 215-248-6330
- Virginia Theological Seminary Library Phone: 703-461-1731 (PLEASE NOTE, FOR 2020-21 the VTS main library is under renovation, so library access will be through the campus WELCOME CENTER (off Seminary Road) by appointment for VTS and WTC students/faculty.
- Virginia Union, Samuel D. Proctor Theological Library Phone: 804-257-5821
- Wesley Theological Seminary Library Phone: 202-885-8695
- Al-Alwani Library in Islamic Studies Phone: 703-230-2850
- Woodstock Theological Library (Georgetown) Phone: 202-687-7513
Go here for a WTC Libraries List