This fifth annual Interfaith Leadership Forum will take place on February 29 at Virginia Theological Seminary, for the first time in person! It features a keynote address by Dr.Shaun Casey, the former director of the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs and current Senior Fellow at the University of Virginia’s “Religion and Its Publics” Project. The first 50 registrants will receive a copy of Casey’s new book: “Chasing the Devil at Foggy Bottom: The Future of Religion in American Diplomacy”
The Forum will also feature an array of speakers on a variety of topics very relevant to ministers and others engaged in interreligious work and ministries in various areas:
- Chaplaincy: Sister Laura Lee Seubert, L.S.J., Chaplain, the MedStar Washington Hospital Center in Washington, D.C.
- Community-based Social Action: Rev. Dr. William H. Lamar IV, Pastor, Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church in Washington, D.C.
- Health Care: Dr. Inez Tuck, former Dean of Boston IHP School of Nursing.
- Education: Dr. Kate Soules, Founder & Director of the Religion & Education Collaborative
- Law Enforcement: Lt. Livio Rodriguez, Director, Special Liaison Branch, Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Police
This in-person event will be held at Virginia Theological Seminary in Alexandria, Va. A reception will kick things off at 5:30 p.m. followed by the program from 6:15 – 9 p.m.
The Interfaith Leadership Forum aims to promote pluralism by convening leaders of various religious, ethnic, racial, cultural and gender backgrounds to exchange ideas and generate an action-oriented agenda. It provides a venue where a diverse group of community leaders, scholars, clergy and public officials can engage in in-depth discussions on shared values and explore ways to harness them for social action. ILF is open to all individuals who are interested in advancing their interfaith literacy and serving the community as interfaith mobilizers in their professional or individual capacities.
For more details on the Interfaith Leadership Forum and past videos and resources from their events, visit this page.
Virginia Theological Seminary
3737 Seminary Rd
Alexandria, VA 22304