Prayer for Christian Unity
For several months now I have been offering prayer suggestions for those who wish to pray monthly for Christian Unity. Beginning with Advent, however, I will offer occasional spiritual reflections on this Blog. As I often say here, prayer is most important. We need the guidance of the Spirit.
Here is my final monthly guide:
- To: Friends Praying Monthly for Christian Unity
From: John Crossin
Re: Some Suggestions for our Monthly Prayer
Date: November, 2010—Virtues for Ecumenical Life
Friends—it is fitting that this last of my Monthly Suggestions has to do with my favorite topic–the virtues. The passage from Ephesians is a classic unity text.
1. We might read reflectively Ephesians 4:1-6.
We might quietly reflect for 5-10 minutes.
*How are we practicing humility, gentleness, patience and love in our ecumenical work?
* Are we relying on the Spirit to guide us?
2. If you are praying with someone, you might share a reflection with the other(s).
3. You might pray together a prayer of your own choosing. I would suggest an Our Father